Sunday, September 23, 2012

Definitely Busy

So I am positive our "busy" time is Spring, but this fall is shaping up to be real busy real fast!

We have our once a month fellowships which we really look forward to :) then a friend of ours is getting married in November and we have our baby niece coming in December! With showers and other events it looks like our calendar is pretty full! Makes me glad we are celebrating Tim's family's side of Christmas in January again! :) ABP calendar is pretty full as well. WHEW!

Tim is getting ready to head back to work this week, he will be leaving Tuesday afternoon. He will be on days this hitch, at least it's getting cooler! We are still praying for a little promotion, however, since the election is coming up we are hoping he doesn't get demoted or worse! Prayers please! Oil field is notorious for slowing down right around election time, hopefully it doesn't!

I had my class last week in San Antonio, some of those days DRAGGED. Information overload! And to top it off I was sick two of the three days I was there! No bueno! However I learned a TON (and retained!) and I'm proud to say I passed my General Lines P&C license exam :) go me! My boss is also very excited. This means next I'll be up for the binding authority class (this is strictly an Allstate thing) with a lot of information coming my way! Hoping to learn a lot and hoping to be given the opportunity to sell...mainly business...I REALLY would like to learn commercial sales. I know I have to start out with the basics, but I'd LOVE to do B2B! Cheers to learning! And... I am hoping for a little more respect from the office manager - that'd be nice! Tim & I are hoping I stay with Allstate for the next few years so we can buy a house :) I really, really, really want to own a home! Instead of "baby fever" I have "house fever!" oh - and car fever!

Braces coming soon... I have to do my records appointment first, which is only 20 minutes, then I have my next appointment for the "game plan" and then braces! We opted to switch orthodontists for a variety of reasons... 1. Proximity to my work - right outside my office!!! Literally takes me 1 minute to get there! SAME building! 2. Cost - about $600 cheaper! HECK YEA! Instead of New Braunfels Orthodontic Associates we will be going with Ferris Orthodontics. He also thinks we may not have to remove three teeth and I've REALLY got my fingers crossed for this. He said he may determine that they may have to come out but he has to see my records, and such. Hoping we can just shift bottom portion of my mouth over and stick an implant in and save three good teeth!

Since we opted to do braces first we are putting the car purchase off until late 2012. We have decided to keep the Pathfinder as well. Tim really wants me to have a suburban, we'll see. I'm leaning towards a Jeep... either way, BIG expense since we are paying cash. But it'll be SO nice to have a newer car!!! Mine is 13 years old! Luckily I only have a ten minute drive to work so I'm not so hard on it, but I'd love to be able to visit the family in CC every now and then!

Ok, that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment