Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fall is upon us!

Well it has been awhile since I posted last! Lots of changes in the Busby house!

Let's start with work stuff! Tim is into his hitches doing his new job...and sometimes his old job at the same time! Poor guy :( Hopefully they find someone for his previous position so he can continue to improve in his new job.  His new position entails some studying and tests and classes from what I understand. He was trying to get a head and study before he got promoted so he'd know a little bit more - which is great! Still praying for driller in the near future, would make a Christmas present to our family I think?? We'll see! Oil field sometimes goes down in production during an election year so November will be a little scary.

I am still with Allstate, so I've been there for about two months now? I was having a little bit of a hard time adjusting to certain things, but I've decided to try and "let go" and move on. Tim & I feel that this is a good place for me right now. I love my hours - 10-4, I'm sure they will change in the future, but right now it's perfect for letting me work out in the morning and getting home early enough to make dinner early  for us! NICE! I'll be taking an insurance class next week at the Marriott (I think) by the RIM in San Antonio next week. Not looking forward to the drive, but definitely looking forward to getting out of the office for a couple of days :)

Photography is going great! I'm getting more clients and got a new lens that I'm learning to use! I still need a lot more practice but it's my dream so well worth it! I started taking my photography classes too! The New York Institute of Photography - Complete Course in Pro Photography! I'm going to learn all the basics and techniques and proper terminology of photography! Right now all I know how to do is take my own style of pictures, but in order to learn and grow, I need to get educated! SO looking forward to it. I'm on lesson one in unit one. I've read the texts, but I need to go back and answer the quizzes and also do my online comprehension tests! I'm still surprised at the number of people who have NOT supported me in my business that are supposed to be "friends" And by support I do not mean book a session and pay me, I mean saying the ... "hey, good job," "congrats," "way to go," "you are getting better" ... you know those kinds of things! And even as silly as it sounds, liking my business photo page! Kind of "urked" with those people.

Strick is still as active as ever! He is learning more words daily and trying to put sentences together. Very excited :) He randomly counts things too! Very excited that he has started his "A-beka" curriculum at daycare. :) He should be really prepared for school in a couple years. We will keep our options open as he gets older for other teaching programs prior to school age but right now we are content! We are thinking about his theme for his birthday party next year... sharks or dinosaurs... hmm :) It's always fun to search pinterest and get ideas!

Braces & a new car are still in the works for 2013! I'm thinking braces first, but we will have to see what we feel is more important at the time. As for car...thinking a Jeep maybe? We'll see! We are also going to start putting some money aside for maternity clothes :) Baby #2 preparations will start next year too, not as in, trying to have a baby, but preparing for the cost... clothes for my expanding belly, the birth photographer we are going to hire, breast pump (thinking of trying to breast feed the next one), deductible and our percentage and those kinds of things. We aren't planning on another until 2015 but babies are expensive :) 

We are hoping to be out of debt in 18 more months - FINGERS CROSSED! A lot of this will depend on if Tim gets another promotion and if my pay increases... or my hours, OR BOTH! LOL.  Then it's time to look for a house! Tim wants to save 20-25% so we may not wind up buying until 2015 or 2016. Depending on the Joiners plans we will stay renting here or find another rental, since we have our monetary goal of down payment we want to save. We love them dearly and don't want them to move over their new home plans because of us. They have goals & dreams as we do! They are just further along in their journey than we are. :) Whatever happens we will be ecstatic! Once the debt is gone a HUGE weight will be lifted for us and will open SO many possibilities!

Ok - tis all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment